Big Wireframe Survey Results
A while ago we asked you to speak up and take part in our Wireframe Survey in order to help us to improve HotGloo and we promised to give away a Team Plan for 6 months. We’ve waited a while for the results and were strucked that 67 HotGlooers took the survey. We glood them out and here are the results.
What do you like about HotGloo?
- Productive and usable interface, focused on what I need, basic interactivity is excellent (linking to pages, menus), I love the minimal design, easy for my customers to understand, not too many functionalities.
- Good Interface Design.
- Easy access, web based, interactive abilities, layers / stacks, notes, easy preview link for external viewers, collaboration, master elements 10/10.
- It’s quite simple to do simple wireframing.
- The GUI, the collaboration aspect, the good support & that “good changes & ideas” requested by users seem to make their way into the live system pretty fast.
- The layout and web based useage.
- Fast, easy to use, inexpensive, great for visual designer and developer as well.
- Quick and dirty actually turns into functional.
- The performance and simplicity of the interface.
- The ability to add users and share wireframes with co-workers and clients easily.
- I can illustrate pretty much any interactive component using the standard palette.
What do you dislike about HotGloo?
- That there is no additional “notes” field within the properties panel of each object.
- Inability to export layout as raw HTML/code.
- Probably the cost. But that’s because I’m cheap right now. I know professional grade comes at a professional cost.
- Lack of visible guidelines.
- Page tree view area should be expandable for longer page titles.
- Always messing around with the position of the edit panels.
- Short-cut keys don’t always work.
- Would like to be able to combine projects.
- Lack of login on main site page.
- I would like multiple users to be able to edit simultaneously.
- We can’t press a button and generate .aspx pages.
- Wish it could be a desktop app, too. Not always connected to the Web.
You can download the complete report as a PDF document here.
Many thanks to all of you who contributed, care and support HotGloo. We will scan through all your answers and see what we can accomplish during the next months.
And the winner is …
The 6 month free Team Plan goes to: David C. – congratulations!
Author: Wolf Becvar. Find me on Twitter as @wdbecvar and Google Plus